Monday, February 21, 2011

EFI continued

Still making lots of progress on the EFI / Individual Throttle Bodies (ITB) conversion.
I decided to go with Suzuki GSXR 750 throttle bodies for my conversion. Since we are still going for sound and feel of the car (ideally 2.7 RS response, etc). I figured the ITB's would really help with that part of the goal. Plus it really does make tuning and working on the engine a lot easier without all the CIS stuff in the way.

So here is the original TB set as received (amazing what $125 gets you):


I will be modifying them by removing and plugging the fuel injectors, removing the secondary servo controlled butterflies, and removing any other uneeded fuel lines / rails, etc.
I then separated them from each other and placed three of them on the engine:






So the TB's for the 01 GSXR 750 are 48mm at the inlet and 42mm at the outlet. My intake manifolds are 35-36mm I.D. so this is a bit of a stretch over what I have. It would have been a better fit to use GSXR 600 TB's as they are (reportedly) 38mm at the outlet side. But, my TB's will have room to grow should I do something crazy like end up with a 3.2 or better motor in the future (oh wait then I could use the awesome Carerra 3.2 manifold...nevermind). 

Comparison to STOCK TB!! (wow, six of these is a TON of airflow!):


I also ordered the injectors (one shown is not right, just thrown on for visual of where they would go) and they are 30# ACCEL injectors from a chevy / GM application. I also will be using the Megasquirt ECU that I already have. I need to make the linkages between them and then also the linkages


No comments:

Post a Comment