Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Started the blog today. History

Hello, My name is Patrick Harris and I'm a car-o-holic. Ok maybe worse than some but I really enjoy taking someone's junk car and making it spectacular. I've built more than a few "awesome" cars by most people's standards and I hope you will enjoy the build of this Porsche 911.


It's my first German car and I bought it right here in South Louisiana from an older Cajun man that really kind of ended up with it. The history actually started 8-9 months ago, but I just recently started digging out the digital files and decided to host them all in one spot...Here. Please forgive the time-table starting in Feb 11.

At first glance the car looked good. There were promises of a great running engine that had thousands of dollars of work done to it over the past 5 years, but then there were also missing holes of where the car had sat for seemingly the same amount of time. I looked over the car quite a bit and missed ALL of the key elements and identifiers on what to look for. Not that I'm SCARED of building a car with some rust (or that is older than me by several years), but it's just I do look at efficiency while doing the project.

We came to an agreement on price and he helped load the car on the trailer. What a lovely day! I had my first Porsche 911!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been telling you to do this. I think it's really gonna take off. You do some interesting work!

    ReplyDelete