Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New (used) 915 61/12 LSD transmission!

I found a pretty good deal on an Aluminum case 915/61 option '12' transmission which is a factory ZF clutch pack LSD unit. Not sure what the lockup is, but it will surely be an upgrade over my magnesium case 61 tranny with the same gearset.

Good news is it was less than buying JUST an LSD from anyone else alone so I feel like it was definitely worth getting for that reason alone. I should be able to throw this one in and go fast. The mechanics of a clutch style LSD in mid or rear-engine cars is that the brake effect of keeping the rear wheels locked on lift throttle (using engine braking) make the car far more predictable...especially on high speed courses like I will be running with the car. This should be a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment